Friday, February 18, 2011

Stoke Is In The Air...

Photo - Joe Vulgamore

It seems like forever since I've been in the water. Forever since my last soul-cleansing.
Tomorrow, for only the second time since New Years Eve, I will return to my place of freedom.

The forecast shows nothing special... knee-to-waist with SE winds at 10-15... The shortboarders hate it when its small, but as a longboarder, it suits me just fine. Topped with the fact that the contest is going on in Port A, the line up at Packery should be manageable.

All day I've been consumed with the pending session. As life get tough, we all need to shed the negative vibes and saturate ourselves with joy. We all need to lose ourselves in something that
relieves the stress and reminds us that we are human beings... we are not slaves to our lives... we can shed the self-imposed shackles that bind us, if only for a few hours. I think that is why I so look forward to tomorrow.

Later this evening, after the dinner is done and the kids are to bed, I will gather my wetsuit and wax and pack for a day in the surf. Even later I will go to bed and dream of my toes over the nose, and as I drift off to sleep, I feel the stoke in the air...


No comments:

Post a Comment