Christmas Gift Ideas for the Adventurer
With Christmas less than 2 weeks away, one question comes to mind... What to get for the adventurer?
There are many, many ideas... from backpacks to ski poles to climbing ropes, but here are a couple of ideas (3 to be exact) that you might not have thought about, with a bit of uniqueness to them.
1. Biolite Camp Stove
The BioLite Wood Burning CampStove combines the benefits of a lightweight backpacking stove and an off-grid power charger so you can cook a meal while charging your gadgets. The Campstove is the perfect solution for both the backcountry campsite and also Emergency Preparedness Kits.
No Fuel to Buy or Carry: Our stoves cook your meals with nothing but the twigs you collect on your journey or in your backyard, eliminating the need for heavy, expensive, polluting petroleum gas. Quick to light, fast to boil and easy to use.
- Charge your Gadgets: By converting heat from the fire into usable electricity, our stoves will recharge your phones, lights and other gadgets while you cook dinner. Unlike solar, BioLite CampStove is a true on-demand source.
- Stay Green: By using renewable resources for fuel instead of petroleum, you're reducing your carbon footprint. You'll also keep fuel canisters out of the landfill.
- Be Prepared: The CampStove isn't just for camping; it's great to have when the power goes out in a storm or other natural disaster. You'll be able to cook and keep electronics charged while power lines are down. No need to worry about your local store being sold out of propane, the CampStove is designed to run on any biomass.
- Support a Better World: We're using the same technology inside the CampStove to bring clean, safe energy to families across the developing world.
- Have Fun: Like a campfire, you can sit around the CampStove and watch the flames dance as you roast marshmallows and tell stories with friends.
- How it Works: Using BioLite's patented thermoelectric technology, the BioLite CampStove converts heat to electricity that powers a fan to make the fire ultra-efficient. Extra electricity can be used to charge small electronics like mobile phones and LED lights.
2. Solar Powered Illuminating Bottle
This innovative bottle may be the ultimate travel multitasker. The one-liter, TritanTM, BPA-free plastic bottle is perfect for carrying water, but its wide mouth also makes it an excellent water-tight container for your valuables, and the volume scale printed on the side makes it handy for mixing.
But the real twist is in the lid: sealed inside the cap are four super-bright LEDs and one red LED (for night vision), along with a reflective lens that turns your plastic bottle into a brilliant camp light.
It's powered by a small, high efficiency FastSolarTM panel, so there are no batteries needed - ever! Features adjustable wrist or bag strap. Made in China. Available in red or smoke color.
3. MSR Quick 2 Cooking System
COOK LIKE A THREE-STAR CHEF AND EAT LIKE A KING.
You and friend can eat like kings when you pack the MSR Quick 2 Cooking System along on a backpacking trip. A combination of uncoated and nonstick hard-anondized aluminum pots allows you to pick the right tool for your particular cooking style, and the included bowls, plates, and mugs give you the tools to enjoy your feast. Nest all the small components inside the 2.5L pot, throw the lid on, and the whole deal fits nice-and-neat inside your pack.
- Hard-anondized pot is highly durable, lightweight, and big enough to store the entire eating system nested inside
- Hard-anondized non-stick pot combines the benefits of lightweight material with the cooking advantage of a non-stick coating
- Pot lid has a built in strainer to make cooking pasta or veggies even easier
- DeepDish plates keep big meals or soup contained, and the polypropylene material is easy to clean
- Talon pot handle makes it safer and easier to grab the pot while cooking
- Insulated mugs keep hot beverages hot, and include lids have built in sipping spouts
- System includes a single 2.5-liter pot with strainer lid, a single 1.5-liter nonstick pot, two polypropylene plates, one pot handle, and two insulated mugs with lids.
Hope fully we gave you a few ideas... now go get something for the adventurer in your family... or for yourself!