Thursday, January 2, 2014

QUESTION: HOW DO YOU MAKE A LIVING FROM ADVENTURE?

QUESTION: HOW DO YOU MAKE A LIVING FROM ADVENTURE?

From time to time I have received emails asking how to make a living as an adventurer. That is quite a question considering that I do not. Adventure and adventure sports are, for me, a pleasant past time that I use to find self-fulfillment and enlightenment... not to mention the down-right thrill. My guess is that, because I write an adventure blog, some people think that I must be making a living from it. Not true... I work a daily grind just like most people.

In all honesty and fairness, it is true that I would love to make my passion for adventure into a profitable career, at this point, I haven't.

So in an answer to the emails, I did some research on professional adventurers and found that most of them generate their incomes from multiple streams such as writing, speaking, photography, etc. In a perfect world, we would all follow the path of Bear Grylls and have our own TV shows, product lines, and endorsements. But for most the reality is far different.

I found several articles on such questions from several professional adventurers... and let me tell you, it will definitely require sacrifice, hard work, and dedication. 

Here are the links...


And here are more links to other articles on the subject...


We here at HSA would NEVER try to discourage anyone from following a dream... the truth is that making a living from adventure CAN be done... if you are willing to truly go for it.
Good luck in your endeavors and let us know how it goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment